Re: [problem] GNU Classpath build problems on Fedora 15

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 13:19 +0300, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Mark Wielaard <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't have my F15 setup handy, but I think this is missing
> > iconv/gettext m4 macros. Try installing gettext-devel which should
> > provide /usr/share/aclocal/lib-prefix.m4
>
> Gee, it's that again. Yeah, it helped. Thanks!
>
> > If that helps we should probably update the INSTALL and/or autogen.sh
> > checks.
>
> I'll do that. I guess we can just do:
>
> +if [ -e "/usr/share/aclocal/lib-prefix.m4" ] ; then
> +       have_gettext=true
> +fi
>
> right?

I would be afraid that is somewhat distro specific.
maybe test against "$(aclocal --print-ac-dir)/lib-prefix.m4"
And I am not even sure the file name is always the same.

It seems gnulib also provides lib-prefix.m4 in the havelib module. Maybe
we should just incorporate it from there and not depend on gettext-devel
to be installed (I am a bit fuzzy on why we have the
gettext-devel/lib-prefix.m4 dependency, we only really need iconv
support, but there was some dependency on gettext anyway)?

Cheers,

Mark