Re: classpath

Hi Mark,

We checked the link you sent.
Our system has gotÂ
/usr/lib/gconv/ISO8859_1.so
and alsoÂ
"module  INTERNAL                ISO-8859-1//            ISO8859-1"
is there in /usr/lib/gconv/gconv-modules.

Hrishikesh

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM, pramod k <pramod.kumthekar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Mark Wielaard <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, January 21, 2011 17:43, pramod k wrote:
> We have crosscompiled classpath and jamvm for ARM platform, including
> gtk2.0
> libraries. We are trying to
> execute a simple java program which initializes a frame and a label inside
> it. The display shows the window
> Âgetting launched, but it does not show any text. Also the title bar is
> displayed as "untitled" even after
> Âsetting the title of the frame. At the command line we are getting
> following message:
>
> ÂGdk-WARNING **: Error converting from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from
> character set 'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1'
> Âis not supported
>
> ÂPlease let me know if we are doing anything wrong.
> ÂAny other java program which does not have any AWT components gives the
> correct output.

I don't think this is GNU Classpath specific. It looks like it might
be that your gconv isn't setup correctly. The issue looks a bit like
this message on the gtk-list:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2004-January/msg00002.html
Do other gtk+ using programs work correctly on your platform?

Cheers,

Mark

--
Pramod Kumthekar.