Segmentation faults when calling into libjavanio.so

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me here. I have been trying to cross
compile classpath to Freescale MCP85xx using ELDK 4.1 toolchain. The
configuration of the toolchain & of classpath looks fine ( I can
provide it if nessisary ) but when I use it in conjunction with JamVM
I am getting a segmentation fault on the first call into the classpath
shared libraries ( gnu.java.nio.VMChannel.initID ).
I did an ObjDump of both Classpath & Jamvm headers to check I had
compiled it to PowerPC which it did.. It all works fine on x86.

I suspect that the shared libraries are malformed in some way but I'm
kinda stuck now. I don't know what else to try. It seems there are
many people out there using these two packages cross-compiled to
powerpc and it has just worked for them. I don't understand why I'm
getting these problems.

Best Regards

Rob H