Simple Swing Tests with OpenJDK/Classpath/Classpath+Escher

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay (I redid the tests with JamVM =)). I've made three simple swing applications to test the current state of Escher. The applications use very basic stuff like JButton, JLabel (Text and Icons), JTextField (Pure Text and Password) and JTextArea. The test verified three environments:
One thing notable is that on all test there was a little overhead with escher =/. Maybe it's the time for setting up the connection with the X server. All the source code and screenshots are on the attach and on the mail. Let's go for the test.

Note:
alias cacaoescher='/usr/local/cacao/bin/cacao -Dawt.toolkit=gnu.java.awt.peer.x.XToolkit'
alias jamvmescher='/usr/local/jamvm/bin/jamvm -Dawt.toolkit=gnu.java.awt.peer.x.XToolkit'

First Test:
A simple questioning swing application that has one JFrame with one JButton that on a click event opens up the a JOptionFrame with the winner of the 2010 World Cup.

Src Code: http://java.pastebin.com/rjbiMPhv
Image:
SimpleWC.png

Result First Test:

Second Test:
A simple application that have 2 icons (JLabel) and a JButton, that when pressed display a third icon of GNU and Tux together.

Src code: http://java.pastebin.com/6NGEH376
Image:
GnuLinuxIcons.png

Result SecondTest:

Third Test:

A simple form app that has some text fields, text area and a simple verifying for the password.

Src Code: http://java.pastebin.com/9RZdUkb8
Image:SimpleForm.png

Result SecondTest:

Now after this simples tests, I tried to run with the FreeSwingApps from the wiki. Most applications failed on cacao and with escher. One cool app that worked 'was JaxoDraw which is a application to draw Feynman diagrams (physics).
Image:
jaxodraw.png

Most of the other applications had errors regarding not yet implemented features, for example FreeMind gave the following error:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not yet implemented.
   at gnu.java.awt.peer.x.XToolkit.getSystemClipboard(XToolkit.java:604)
   at freemind.modes.ControllerAdapter.<init>(ControllerAdapter.java:351)
   at freemind.modes.mindmapmode.MindMapController.<init>(MindMapController.java:140)

And Jmol the following one:
uncaught exception: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not yet implemented.
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not yet implemented.
   at gnu.java.awt.peer.x.XFramePeer.setIconImage(XFramePeer.java:74)
   at java.awt.Frame.setIconImage(Frame.java:310)

Conclusion:
Escher did fine for the tests, only problems detected are not yet implemented features, anti aliased font and that error with the png. I think the overall speed was great (after the start). About the Unicode, I think, it's a problem with GNU Classpath, because the same error applied to jamvm and cacao.

Now should I start refactoring the code or try to fix some of this stuff?

Regards,
Marcos Roriz

--
Marcos Roriz