Re: Classpath IPP Logging

Il giorno lun, 26/04/2010 alle 11.23 +0100, Andrew Haley ha scritto:
> On 04/23/2010 06:26 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> > Does anyone here have any idea how to turn on IPP logging in GNU Classpath?
> > It's used like:
> >
> >           logger.log(Component.IPP, "Attribute: Name: <" + jobUri.getCategory()
> >             .getName() + "> Value: <" + jobUri.toString() + ">");
> >
> > It would be very useful to enable this, but I just can't figure it out.
>
> Is there really no-one understands how to use Classpath's system logger,
> or is it that no-one reads this list any more?
>
> Andrew.

Hi Andrew!

I think you need an handler to perform the correct logging, because by
default if I remember correctly only critical logging is performed.

I don't remember any more how we do it in GNU Classpath, I'm quite sure
the mechanism is the same though (and I'm sure it was working).

For the JDK, you need to configure a file called logging.properties,
this will take the settings for the logger, like the level of logging
and the handlers to use for the logging.

Here is a very basic introduction to logging in general:

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/java/logging.jspx

If you need help in this specific case, ping me and we can try to give
it a look together.

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: