Classpath 0.98 & jks

Hello All,
    sorry new here and haven't had time to lurk for a while to see the
lie of the land.

I'm trying to run Jxta on Jamvm 1.5.3 with Classpath 0.98. I'm getting
an error because of jks security not being found. I'll post the error
I'm getting at the end of this email.

A bit of searching on the Internet gives me a few posts by somebody with
a similar problem [1] & [2]. I can't find any responses and solutions to
this problem.

I'm not sure how to get around this issue. I'm sure that there are many
implementations of this security algorithm and I wonder can a lump of
code be added included into the JRE or can source code be added to
classpath. I mean there could I, if I had a clue ;-) add the necessary
code into classpath source? I'd prefer if I could pull in something like
BouncyCastle, although I'm not sure it would solve the problem as I'm
not sure it implements this functionality.

I'm not great with Java I'm afraid so I'm not sure that a BounceyCastle
could be used to implement functionality that is being requested of the JRE.

Sorry for a newbie post and thanks a million for any advice that anybody
can offer.

[1]
http://old.nabble.com/Problem-in-using-SSL-%28secure-socket%29-with-classpath-0.98-and-Jamvm-1.5.3-td23997596.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/classpath@xxxxxxx/msg15120.html

Caused by: java.security.KeyStoreException: jks
   at java.security.KeyStore.getInstance(KeyStore.java:203)
   at java.security.KeyStore.getInstance(KeyStore.java:130)
   at
net.jxta.impl.membership.pse.CMKeyStoreManager.<init>(CMKeyStoreManager.java:148)
   at
net.jxta.impl.membership.pse.PSEKeyStoreManagerFactory$PSEKeyStoreManagerFactoryDefault.getInstance(PSEKeyStoreManagerFactory.java:143)
   ...24 more
Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Algorithm [jks] of
type [KeyStore] from provider
[gnu.javax.security.auth.callback.GnuCallbacks: name=GNU-CALLBACKS
version=2.1] is not found
   at gnu.java.security.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:191)
   at gnu.java.security.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:105)
   at java.security.KeyStore.getInstance(KeyStore.java:188)
   ...27 more