Cacao + Classpath + RMI

Hey everybody,
we are trying to get a little project running on an embedded system. The java environment is cacao + gnu classpath. We want to get a simple rmi example running.
We can successfully bind the server instance without any problems at all. But when launching the client (which just does a lookup and a call of one remote helloworld-function) it crashes.

# java rmi.Client
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
        java.io.WriteAbortedException: Exception thrown during writing of stream; java.io.IOException
   at gnu.java.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(RegistryImpl_Stub.java:194)
   at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Naming.java:110)
   at rmi.Client.main(Client.java:14)
Caused by: java.io.WriteAbortedException: Exception thrown during writing of stream; java.io.IOException
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.parseContent(ObjectInputStream.java:512)
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:215)
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:137)
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1962)
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.parseContent(ObjectInputStream.java:465)
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:215)
   at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:137)
   at gnu.java.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(RegistryImpl_Stub.java:190)
   ...2 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: [Ljava/lang/StackTraceElement;
   <<No stacktrace available>>
error in client

Any ideas on this one? We don't have a clue what the error could be.
We already checked that the java code is compiled with java 1.5. Maybe it's something with the stub-generation of classpath?

Greets Goddchen

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Martin Liersch