Re: JamVm - GNU Classpath and Cached DNS Resolving

Little remark: the exception that I'm getting is not UnknowAddressException but UnresolvedAddressException!

Jan Pannecoeck wrote:
Hello Robert,

I'm contacting you directly since I think you are the best men to answer my question. But since other people may also could need this information I'm also sending it to the classpath-mailinglist.

I'm currently using JamVm 1.5.2 with Classpath 0.98 on an ARM-device. This is, thanks to you by the way, all working properly...
The problem I'm having now is the following:

I launch my java-application at a moment when I don't have any connection to the Internet, or the local network (so no cable is pluged in). My application can't resolve the address to which it should connect (this is all working fine). But when I plug in an ethernetcable, under Linux I can ping to my server (I even can resolve the name and all the rest without any problems), the Java application is still telling me that it can't resolve the address : UnknownAddressException.

I have found some setting: java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.ttl", "0") that should disable the DNS-caching. But I assume this isn't working since the DNS-caching is still there.

Should I use some other setting to disable the DNS-caching in JamVM so that when I plug in the cable, my Java-Application can resolve the address?

I hope my question is clear, otherwise I'm sure willing to give some more details! :-)

Thanks in advance,
Jan Pannecoeck