Re: [GCJ] Performance of GUI applications on embedded systems

> Here's one improvement.  If you can get rid of the places in the GTK peers
> where class and method lookups are performed at runtime you'll probably
> have a fix.  This shouldn't be a massive amount of work, just rather
> boring.
>
> In gcj,
>
>   * Compiled java code is quite fast.
>   * Class lookup by name is slow.
>   * Calling JNI code from compiled java code is quite fast.
>   * Calling compiled java code from JNI code is slow.
>   * Exceptions are slow.
>
> Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

I'm testing your patch on my embedded system and now I can see that GUI performance are very much better (particularly during application startup).

Thank you so much!

However running my test case (please see my first post) I see that CPU usage is always at 100% (after the application is running),
so the responsiveness is still not very good.

Do you think that there is still some places for improvement?
I'll try to use oprofile on my embedded system to see what's going wrong

Best Regards,

Francesco