Inquiry On Contributions From Java Programmer

I've been programming in Java for a few years. I'm interested in
gaining some experience in C programming, especially as it relates to
Linux. I'm curious if GNU Classpath is implemented in the C
programming language, and if there are opportunities to work with C
while contributing to Classpath.

I've been using Debian/Ubuntu for a couple years, and would be
especially interested in working on GNU Classpath support for Linux if
that was an area that needed help.

Thanks for any info.

Scott Huey