Re: java.lang.TypeNotPresentException when using reflection

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Tom Spencer
<tom.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been attempting to use reflection, in particular to get the
> superclass of a particular class, but this seems to fail when using
> Classpath v0.97.2 with JamVM 1.5.0.

I've investigated this and there's a bug in JamVMs handling of generic
signatures (rather than returning the raw generic signature, slashes
are replaced by dots, as in other class names; the dots are then
converted to $).

This is fixed in CVS HEAD.  Instructions for checking it out can be found here:

http://developer.berlios.de/cvs/?group_id=6545

Alternatively, apply the attached patch to natives.c.  This has been
generated against JamVM 1.5.0.

> I have found the following older forum posts, but neither have been that
> helpful in trying to diagnose the issue.
>
> http://developer.classpath.org/pipermail/classpath/2006-November/001605.html
> http://www.nabble.com/Error-in-resolving-java.util.Set-td9779444.html

No idea how I missed these (especially the second post)!  Let me know
how you get on.

Thanks,
Rob.