Re: Server downtime

Jim Pick wrote:
Hi,

I need to take the server down to investigate a possible failed disk in the software RAID. I am hoping that it's just a Linux or Xen bug. Also, I'd like to upgrade Xen to a more modern version if possible.

I'm planning to take the server down in about 3 hours (around 2pm Pacific Time). Hopefully, it won't take me too long to investigate and/or upgrade it.

There is always the possibility that things won't go well with the RAID or the upgrade. I only have the one server online, so if I encounter any big problems, please be patient as I try to figure out the best way to recover. Luckily, I do have recent backups.

This will affect jimpick.com, kaffe.org, developer.classpath.org, planet.classpath.org, and icedtea.classpath.org.

While the server is down, my jimpick.com/kaffe.org email addresses will not be working. I can still be reached at my backup email address at <jim.pick@xxxxxxxxx>.

The server is back now.  If you see anything strange, send me an email.

Cheers,

 - Jim