Problem with TLS client authentication (bad_certificate)

Hi,

I am working an a project that needs TLS with client authentication on an embedded system (ARM-linux) with keys stored in pkcs12. I have successfully ported the jamvm and classpath on this plattform. Now I am working on the TLS part on a virtual machine not directly on the embedded bord. In this development-environment I am using this setup:

Client:

 - Debian Linux 2.6.18-6-686
 - jamvm 1.5.1
 - classpath 0.97.1
 - bouncycastle provider bcprov15-139 (pkcs12 support)

Server:

 - Debian Linux
 - Sun jdk 1.6

The problem is, a BAD_CERTIFICATE error occurs during the handshake.

The client answers server-hello, with write_certificate, write-client-key-exchange and write_certificate_verify. After that the client recieves the bad_certificate alert from the server caused by "certificate verify message signature error".

The private key of the client is sored in a pkcs12 file loaded via bcprovider, the trusted key of the server is stored in a gkr.

Thanks,

  gerhard