Trying to build classpath under AIX

Hi.

I am trying to build jamvm+GNU Classpath under AIX 5.2 which unfortunately does only have Java 1.4, and I got stuck on building Classpath which requires Java 1.5

I tried playing around with the latest stable ecj.jar (and --disable-jni which I do not need) to get compilation going with that, but apparently it is not enough specifying the ecj.jar location. A shell script must be written and my plain attempt just to script a call to "java -jar ecj.jar" did not work out well. It misdetects which arguments the compiler supports- Perhaps it is an exit code thing.

What is the recommended approach to get over this. I just need a headless version.

Best regards,
--
 Thorbjørn