Re: Inconvertible types error in EnumSet.java

Robert Lougher wrote:
P.S.  Changing the subject, this is one of my concerns with the change
to the VM interface for the new VM reflection classes.  If JamVM moves
to the new interface it breaks the ability to use JamVM/Classpath-0.92
as a bootstrap...
I don't think that's a huge problem:

* you can pass the GNU classpath configure script the path to a precompiled glibj.zip to avoid having to compile the class library using ecj in the first place (best option, in my opinion, as it breaks the circle nicely)

* you can use another runtime to run ecj to build classpath (good thing we don't suffer from a lack of VMs :)

* you can (cross) compile ecj to native code/CIL/* and use that to run ecj to build classpath

i.e. even if someone desperately wants to recompile GNU classpath during the bootstrap, they have plenty of options. It's just a matter of documenting them properly.

cheers,
dalibor topic