Re: Inconvertible types error in EnumSet.java

On Mar 17, 2008, at 3:24 AM, Andrew John Hughes wrote:

In that case, the classpath sources should have the old jikes stuff
stripped out. There are still references to jikes that lead users like
myself to think that jikes is still supported. For instance, the
configure script still accepts the --with-jikes option.

This is not the case, at least not in 0.97:

andrew@omega ~/projects/classpath/classpath $ ./configure --help| grep jikes
andrew@omega ~/projects/classpath/classpath $

If you've spotted other outdated references, let me know and they'll
be removed.  I tried to get most of them but some may have been
missed.

Yeah, for some reason I was thinking that if configure doesn't give an error if --with-jikes is specified, then that means it supports --with- jikes. Perhaps it should give an error?

As for remnants of jikes in the current version, the README file still claims that jikes is supported. Also, there is still a build dependency on jikes in classpath.spec. References to jikes should be removed from the .info files and the Makefile, as well.

Trevor