Re: Problem with JPEGDecoder class

Hi Allesandro,

Am Freitag, den 28.12.2007, 12:19 +0100 schrieb Alessandro Maldini:
> Hello everybody,
> I've a problem using your JPEGDecoder class and I hope someone would help me.
>
> I imported in my Project
> classpath-0.96.1/gnu/javax/imageio/jpeg/IIOInputStream.java and all
> classpath-0.96.1/gnu/javax/imageio/jpeg/* files.
>
> When I try to open a jpeg image in order to decode it, an "Unsupported
> JFIF version" exception.

This means that the specific JPEG format you are trying is not
supported. The JPEG decoder in Classpath is very incomplete and doesn't
support the mainstream JPEG formats. Your options are: 1. try to use the
OpenJDK JPEG decoder in Classpath somehow (should be possible because it
is designed as a plugin for IIO) 2. try to implement the missing JPEG
formats ;-)

Roman

--
http://kennke.org/blog/