Re: [Jamvm-general] JamVM/Classpath on iPhone

HI Serge,

On 11/21/07, Serge Sozonoff <serge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Thats very cool, thanks for that. I understand the CPU in the iPhone
> also has Jazelle support.

Yes, it does, and it would be great to get it working (the CPU is a
Samsung S5L8900 containing an ARM 1176JZF core).  The problem is, as
far as I'm aware, the details are not public so it will need to be
reverse-engineered.  As the register-set is shared it may even require
kernel support.  It's really unfortunate that companies can't help
open-source projects better, especially as they're beginning to use so
much of it.

Thanks,

Rob.