Re: Cannot create system class loader (JamVM1.5.0/Classpath0.96.1/MonteVista PPC)

Quoting Bregitte Pracht <bpracht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I assume the problem is that *so* files need to be created,
> but I am not sure why they are not being built nor what I
> should do to get them to build.

Bregitte, I ran into a similar problem some time ago:
Classpath .a and .la files were created, but not .so.

I couldn't figure out how to fix the Makefile, so I
created the .so files by hand: extract the .o files
from .a via ar, then repackage them into .so via gcc
with suitable options (probably with -shared, sorry,
I don't remember for sure), and make the symbolic
links by hand.

That is fairly painful, so try the things other people
have told you, and consider making .so files by hand
your option of last resort.

Hope this helps,

Robert Dodier