Remote disconnect

Hello,

I have a Java TCP server that uses java.nio and which is compiled with gcc 4.1.2 (-f check references).

I've noticed that if I run the server on the standard Sun JVM, then when a remote client that has previously connected to the server initiates a disconnect, I receive an exception notifying that the connection was lost for that client's channel. Handling this exception is crucial for correct housekeeping of active client connections.

The problem is that no exception is thrown in this case on the gcj compiled version on our ARM platform and I have to resort to ugly workarounds to try and detect which socket is active and which is dead. Has anyone encountered this problem or know of any solution ?

Note that I could not check whether this problem still exists when compiling with gcc 4.2.1 since I can't even get that version to run a simple Java "hello world" sample.

Thanks in advance for any help you can supply

-Amnon