Re: Name Service Crashes on ARM-Linux

Adam Smola wrote:
Hello All,
I am trying to get the Classptah Name Service Running on a Gumstix Computer (ARM-Linux). I am using Classpath 0.90 & JamVM 1.4.2. Commands/errors are as follows: Command: # java gnu.classpath.tools.giop.NameService

Error:

Please use --help for options.
Alignment trap: not handling instruction ececa102 at [<4008bde8>]
Unhandled fault: alignment exception (0x813) at 0xbea8bff4

That is not a java error. Java code would print the stack trace on failure. This seems a native code problem. I suspect that it is somewhere around the native methods of network communication. The name service is a rather trivial tool and does not use the native resources so much.

Audrius.