gcjwebplugin usefullness? 64 bit plugin?

	As I use a 64bit only Linux system, I'm unable to use any site
which has a Java applet, because Sun doesn't provide the 64 bit plugin.

	I tried very hard to use gcjwebplugin, but it will fail loading
the applet I'm interested (from my bank site).

	Ok. The applet from classpath homepage works perfecly, but if I
change to another site, Firefox crashes (segfault).

Linux 2.6.21
gcc 4.2.0
Classpath 0.95

	What I don't understand is: now the Java is GPL'ed, why it's so
hard so we can have a 64 bit plugin with Sun JRE? How classpath is
using the source code from Sun?

	The main problem today on 64 bit is the lack of plugin... So
someone could help? Or explain why we still doesn't have a 64 bit
plugin?

	Thank you!

--
Linux 2.6.21: Nocturnal Monster Puppy