Re: couldn't able to install GNU classpath: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

On Monday 23 April 2007 21:05, srinivasa raju rudraraju wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have been trying to install JikesRVM as part of my project work(on fedora
> core 6), which in turn requires installing GNU classpath. As it is
> specified in installation guide(for installing classpath), I could able to
> execute "./configure" , but when it comes to executing "gmake", its giving
> some error. I am adding the execution history as an attachment. Anybody,
> please tell how to overcome this problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> rsr.

It seems that ecj (the Java compiler being used to compile GNU Classpath) is
running out of memory, which is a common situation with something as huge as
Classpath.  Presumably, /usr/bin/ecj will be a script to run ecj so you need
to edit that and add something along the lines of '-mx384M' to where the VM
is invoked for ecj.  If you are unsure how to fix this,, and /usr/bin/ecj is
a script, post it here.

Thanks and good luck with your project,
--
Andrew :-)

public class gcj extends Freedom implements Java { ... }