RE: RE: 0.95 branch created

Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > I'll try to pick up any fixes made on the trunk, but if you feel some
> > patch is release critical please do CC me.
>
> I'd really like to see the removal of the META-INF/services/*xml* go
> in. The inclusion of these resources breaks a lot of code (e.g.
> virtually everything that relies on Xalan or Xerces).

The ones in particular I'd like to remove (for now) are:

META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.TransformerFactory
META-INF/services/org.xml.sax.driver

I've confirmed that JDK 1.6 includes none of these and the corresponding factory methods[1] in GNU Classpath still work without these.

Regards,
Jeroen

[1] The ones I tried are:

javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance()
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance()
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance()
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader()