Re: savannah/CVS

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 20:56 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hardware knows when we want to prep for a release...
>
>         The server for savannah.gnu.org has experienced a complex
>         hardware failure. Replacement parts are being shipped next-day
>         air and should be installed the afternoon (EDT) of 14 March.
>         We're sorry for the inconvenience -- the GNU sysadmins.
>
> So savannah.gnu.org and cvs are out till tomorrow at least.

Latest status is as follows:

        The server for savannah.gnu.org has experienced a multiple disk
        failure. New disks were received. SV is being brought to the
        offsite backup location (eta. 14 March 9PM GMT), where it will
        be sync'd (eta. ???) and brought back to the colocation at
        quincy, ma (est. 1/2h?). We're sorry for the inconvenience. |
        Last confirmed full backup was completed circa 20:30 EDT on
        Sunday 11 March.

So much for relying on a raid5 setup for making sure you can survive a
disk-failure...

Cheers,

Mark