Re: Regressions from gcj 4.2 to 4.3 involving XML

Andrew> I've been mystified why Xerces suddenly stopped working with this
Andrew> release of gcj.  I think I've found the root cause that triggered
Andrew> this.

Thanks for tracking this down.

Andrew> Now, the handling of "core" URLs is fixed, so we do find
Andrew> "/META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory" in
Andrew> libgcj, which is incompatible with Xerces.

I think we ought to delete these service files from Classpath.

It seems to me that, due to class loader delegation, we will always
pick up any service file that is built in to glibj.zip.  But, this
isn't what we want.  And, since we have fallbacks hard-coded into the
factory classes, we don't actually need these service files anyway.

Comments?

Tom