Re: Non-POSIX port

Hi Chris,
of course GNU Classpath is interested in non-POSIX ports of the native
stuff. :)

Chris Cole schrieb:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have the first cut of a port to an exotic platform (non-POSIX).
>  Network support and process management are TBD.
>
> I'd like to investigate the possibility of getting my changes adopted
> into the project.
Great!

Ports are a great way to see whether Classpath' native interface fits
the task good or may be further adjusted.

> What's the best way to start that process?
Just send your patch to classpath-patches@xxxxxxx along with a GNU-style
ChangeLog and a short description of your work.

On the legal side the GNU project needs a copyright assignment to the
FSF from you. Mark Wielaard, GNU Classpath' maintainer, takes care of
those (CCed). Drop him a line if you want to contribute or have
questions regarding the process. Some notes about the assignment are in
our Wiki[0].

As the assignment usually takes some weeks I suggest posting your patch
along with a GNU-style changelog and a description to
classpath-patches@xxxxxxx and receive technical suggestion from the rest
of the Classpath team (some info about the patch submission process[1]).

Regards
Robert

[0] -
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathFirstSteps#head-5584bc97b740bd0935fac1a3feeffe9614d42b6e