Re: exception bug in gnu_java_nio_VMChannel.c

On Feb 2, 2007, at 1:07 AM, Christian Thalinger wrote:

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 17:16 -0800, Casey Marshall wrote:
On Feb 1, 2007, at 3:39 PM, Christian Thalinger wrote:

Hi!

I found a problem in gnu_java_nio_VMChannel.c.  It's about
NonReadableChannelException and NonWriteableChannelException.  These
exceptions do not have a initializer with String as parameter:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java.nio.channels.NonReadableChannelException.<init>(Ljava/lang/
String;)V
   at gnu.java.nio.VMChannel.read(Native Method)
   at gnu.java.nio.VMChannel.read(VMChannel.java:159)

But the C code assumes this, like:

JCL_ThrowException (env, NON_READABLE_CHANNEL_EXCEPTION, strerror
(errno));

I don't know exactly how to fix this "properly".

The C code should just throw a new exception without trying to pass
in a message string. This would mean no longer using
JCL_ThrowException, and doing a NewObject/ThrowException manually,
but whatever.

We could introduce a JCL function that throws an exception with no
message string.

I think that would be the best idea.  Have you time to do that?

A little ;-) I'll look into this.