Re: 0.93 branch created

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 02:56 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the mauve regressions cleaned up we finally have a branch for 0.93
> (tagged as classpath-0_93-branch with classpath-0_93-branch-point as
> marker on the trunk). So things todo before release:
>
> - sync up generics branch again.
> - Run some larger applications as smoke tests
>   eclipse, jfreecharts, jedit, megamek, hsql-frontends, some applets,
>   etc. to make sure they still run as well as they did with 0.92.
>   Reports welcome! I tried things like our examples, SwingSet2, Java2D
>   and RSSOwl already and things look pretty good.
> - Fixup any last minute regresions if found (please do that on the
>   trunk, they will be merged onto the branch if OK - CC me on any patch
>   that you think should go on the release [and generics] branch).
> - Update NEWS (please add your cool stuff!)
> - Release! :)
>
> http://builder.classpath.org/dist/classpath-0.93-pre.tar.gz
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Great news Mark!  What's the plan for the generics branch?  From this,
it sounds like we keep it around until the release itself, which seems
sensible (so we have a 0.93 generics release).  I guess after that it
gets synchronized with HEAD again, and then the updated branch becomes
HEAD (after creating a 1.4 branch).  Does that sound about right?

Cheers,
--
Andrew :-)

public class gcj extends Freedom implements Java { ... }