Re: Mauve regressions 0.92/0.93-pre

> We seem to be doing pretty well on regression with respect to 0.92. Here
> is the current list. It would be good to get this list down a bit before
> we branch for 0.93. The number of new passes has gone up a lot. So it
> looks like 0.93 will be a much better release than 0.92.
>
> - gnu.javax.swing.text.html.parser.support.Parser.Text
> - gnu.javax.swing.text.html.parser.support.Parser.textPreProcessor_Test

These tests are testing non-API classpath specific stuff (should really
be moved to a different place probably). I think the new fails could be
related to the whitespace handling. I'll check this.

> - java.awt.datatransfer.Clipboard.clipboardFlavors
> - java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor.flavor
>
> Failures are in cases where the representation class is one of the
> standard classes like java.io.InputStream. I'll look into this.

Please compare if these tests fail with the RI or so (many do and are
thus probably bogus). I've done some testing with the Harmony tests
there only.

> - java.awt.image.IndexColorModel.getAlpha
> Fails with the following stacktrace:
>    at java.awt.image.IndexColorModel.getAlpha(IndexColorModel.java:585)
>    at gnu.testlet.java.awt.image.IndexColorModel.getAlpha.test(getAlpha.java:76)
>    at RunnerProcess.runtest(RunnerProcess.java:360)
>    at RunnerProcess.runAndReport(RunnerProcess.java:415)
>    at RunnerProcess.main(RunnerProcess.java:227)

That's mine. I'll look into this.

> - java.util.Vector.AcuniaVectorTest
>
> Fails because it expects a NullPointerException on a v.removeAll(null)
> and v.retainAll(null), where the Vector v is empty. This seems a little
> pedantic, but might be right.

This was already discussed. The RI also fails with this test. I've
changed that behaviour in Classpath because I had an app here that
wasn't working because of that corner case. I suggest we either remove
this specific check or fix it (might not be ideal either, as it's
slightly against the spec).

> - javax.swing.border.TitledBorder.getBorderInsets
>
> All results seem slightly off with this test.

I'll check this.

> - javax.swing.JToolTip.setTipText
>
> Has one new check failure:
>   FAIL:  line 53:  [2] -- got 2 but expected 1

Probably my bad too. I'll check this.

> - javax.swing.text.StringContent.createPosition
> - javax.swing.text.StringContent.getChars

I believe these tests are checking a corner case in the spec. Where the
RI actually behaves wrong (according to the spec). I think David Gilbert
even filed bug reports against Sun for these issues. As long as noone
complains we should probably leave this as it is.

/Roman