Re: Anyone pondering HotSpot+Classpath?

Of course, the reverse is also possible, i.e. open source runtimes
working with the JDK class libraries.  This doesn't even need the
release of the class-library source to happen.  The HotSpot source
reveals all that is needed to implement the interface.

From brief looking at the interface, I would say it would be easier
for an open-source runtime to use the JDK class library than for
Classpath to use HotSpot.  In particular, reflection handling seems to
be largely done outside the VM.

Rob.