RE: gnu.classpath.VMStackWalker

Jeroen Frijters writes:
 > Andrew Haley wrote:
 > > How, exactly?  I see horrors like
 > [...]
 > >   public static ClassLoader getCallingClassLoader()
 > >   {
 > >     Class[] ctx = getClassContext();
 > >     if (ctx.length < 3)
 > >       return null;
 > >     return getClassLoader(ctx[2]);
 > >   }
 > >
 > > in several places.
 >
 > Huh? The code you quoted is from VMStackWalker, you know the class
 > that you are supposed to replace in your VM with a more efficient
 > version.

I don't think that's a reasonable excuse for a bad interface.  If we
had a better one, people could actually _use_ some of these
"reference" methods without having to rewrite them.  I totally reject
the notion that it doesn't matter how inefficient the reference design
is -- if it's an example, it should be a good one.

Besides, it's not worth arguing.  We need it for sun.misc.Unsafe
anyway.

Andrew.