Re: supported truststore types

Robert Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to get an application to run which wants to make a HTTPS connection
> and uses a custom truststore that was generated by the JDK. From trying out it
> seems that Classpath from HEAD does not support the keystore type 'JKS'. Is this
> the same for the generics branch?

Yes. I wrote a version of JKS [1] but since I figured out the format
through some hacky reverse-engineering, which was deemed too risky to
include in Classpath.

If, however, someone were to use the English description of the format
[2] that I wrote and re-implemented it from scratch, the FSF (the last
time we asked) said that would be OK.

> Is it possible to convert a 'JKS' keystore into a 'gkr' one by using the JDK and
> a Classpath based VM? If so, how would that be done?

Yes. You can export each of the certificates from the truststore to
files, using the JDK's `keytool,' and then import them all to a GKR
keystore with Classpath's `gkeytool.'

Hope this helps.

1. http://metastatic.org/source/JKS.java
2. http://metastatic.org/source/JKS.html