Re: possible problem with gcjh (long)

On Thursday 07 September 2006 08:43, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Raif> $ gcjh -jni -classpath . -o OC_IC.h OC$IC

> Try OC\$IC and you will get a different result.

indeed.

> Raif> $ /opt/jdk1.5.0_08/bin/javah -jni -classpath . -o OC_IC.h OC$IC
>
> I'd guess that javah is also reading inner classes... gcjh will
> probably never do this, I'm afraid, but we should probably modify the
> javah in Classpath to be compatible here.  That shouldn't be hard.
> Could you file a PR?...

no problems.

> Raif> JNIEXPORT void JNICALL Java_OC_IC_natInit
>
> Hmm, gcjh generates Java_OC_00024IC_natInit.
> I'm surprised by the above, I (obviously I suppose :) would have
> picked the gcjh interpretation instead.
>
> Perhaps some experimentation is in order... what happens if you have a
> class with an explicit '$' in its name that has a native method?

i'm attaching an OC$.java source and the generated header using gcjh.  same
behaviour --the dollar symbol is replaced by its unicode codepoint.

thanks for your prompt reply + cheers;
rsn
public class OC$
{
	OC$() {
		super();
		natInit();
	}

	native void natInit();
}
/* DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - it is machine generated */

#ifndef __OC$__
#define __OC$__

#include <jni.h>

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
{
#endif

JNIEXPORT void JNICALL Java_OC_00024_natInit (JNIEnv *env, jobject);

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

#endif /* __OC$__ */