Re: Bringing License arguments to Sun

Chris Gray wrote:

TCKs are special in that a particular version of the code is normative, so modified versions need to be clearly marked as such (Apache licence?).

If One TCK is so important, let me propose a semi-heretical idea: don't open it. Certainly the 400 JVM developers should be able to run the TCK, but it's not clear that they need to distribute modified versions. (Of course, they could still submit bug fixes and such to the TCK maintainers.) I don't think the Linux distros need to distribute the TCK either, so their "OSI or die" policy doesn't appear to affect the TCK.

Wes Felter - wesley@xxxxxxxxxx