Re: javax.swing.text.html.AccessibleHTML: Should we write this?

Audrius Meskauskas schrieb:
In the compatibility charts, it is possible to find the following lines:

# class javax.swing.text.html.AccessibleHTML.HTMLAccessibleContext: missing in classpath # class javax.swing.text.html.AccessibleHTML.IconElementInfo.IconAccessibleContext: missing in classpath # class javax.swing.text.html.AccessibleHTML.TableElementInfo.TableAccessibleContext: missing in classpath # class javax.swing.text.html.AccessibleHTML.TableElementInfo.TableAccessibleContext.AccessibleHeadersTable: missing in classpath # class javax.swing.text.html.AccessibleHTML.TextElementInfo.TextAccessibleContext: missing in classpath

As it can be easily verified from the
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/ and
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/ ,

there are no such class as AccessibleHTML the official Sun's java API standard. This is true for both 1.4 and 1.5 versions.

The public class with this name technically exists in the Sun's java library.

Except that it isn't public. At least when I try to compile an app against such a class it tells me I am not allowed to access it. So this seems like a bug in JAPI then OR there has been a release where this was accidentally public. I don't know.

I wouldn't care for such a class right now. However, it's possible that we need something _similar_ for the inner workings of the text editor component's accessible HTML handling stuff, as the interfaces in javax.accessibility define some things for HTML too.

/Roman