Room for more block ciphers?

Hello,

Somewhat recently, the gnu-crypto project got merged into Classpath. As
I live in a cave underground and only come out once every few months, I
was unaware of this and working on a few new block cipher
implementations for gnu-crypto, using their old CVS sources.

The old homepage of gnu-crypto said that they were looking for someone
to add in the NESSIE phase 2 algorithms; this hasn't been done yet,
from what I see in both the gnu-crypto and classpath CVS. I'd be happy
to write implementations of these, but the obvious question is: would
these, and other, new block ciphers even be wanted in Classpath? It
looks like all of gnu-crypto was merged in, but the merge announcement
contains the following:

"[W]e would entertain reviving GNU Crypto if someone wanted to continue
developing it for other purposes (that is, if you have a use for GNU
Crypto outside of Classpath's more narrow goal of completing its JCE
providers)"

Which implies that further ciphers wouldn't be wanted or needed for
Classpath. So, yes, my question is: would new block ciphers be wanted
in Classpath?

Thanks.
-- Morgon