New OpenSource AWT/Swing Implementation by Intel

Have a look at
http://lwn.net/Articles/184394/

Geir Magnusson Jr writes:

>Today during our JavaOne talk (given by Tim and I) I was proud to
>demonstrate JEdit running on Harmony!
>
>That's right, with Swing/AWT code.  The formal contribution is on it's way,
>and I don't wish to steal any more thunder from the contribution when it's
>made, but we (Intel hat on here..) wasn't able to make the donation in time
>for the talk today because of internal process loose ends, and I wanted to
>make a splash for us at JavaOne.
>
>I expect it will be here in the next couple of days.
>
>Harmony - The question of compatible open source isn't "whether", but when!
>
>geir

I don't understand, why Intel don't work together with GNU Classpath. :-/
I think it would be ending up by fusion Intels implementation with the
implementation of GNU Classpath. Because its like the name of the current
GNU Classpath version: "All for one, one for all".
There can not more free Java-Class-Implementations existing. And if there
existing a additional one, the new one will be fusion with GNU Classpath I
think.

Also I don't know, how it was possible, that Intel creates by its own a
complete Swing. GNU Classpath needed a lot of time for this. ...

Questions over question.

Lets have a look, what Intel will be publishing.

Greatings
theuserbl