GConf-backend for java.util.prefs

Hi Mario,

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 16:59 +0200, Mario Torre wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 14/05/2006 alle 14.51 +0200, Robert Schuster ha scritto:
> > thanks to Mario a long standing wish to have a GConf-based backend for
> > java.util.prefs is becoming a reality.
> >
> > I think it is quite clear that GNU Classpath wants this code! :)

Yes! :)

> I know this is a long email, sorry to the list (and sorry also for my
> english)...

Don't worry about your English, more than half of the list members are
non-native English speakers. It is often harder to understand the real
English speakers. They use long words and sentences :)

> I'm glad to hear you! I wrote this backend because we needed it, and I
> found that classpath needed it too... I think that contribute it to the
> community was the right think to do (and if it gets accepted is simply a
> great thing and an honor for me!).
>
> > However there are some questions and things to do:
> >
> > 1) Copyright assignment.
> > Mario and everyone who has worked on the code needs to assign copyright to the
> > Free Software Foundation before we can integrate it.
>
> This is no problem at all, just I need to know how (and what) to do.

We point you to the Hacker Guidelines (in particular section 2):
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html
And then I send you the right request forms. I'll do that in a minute.

Cheers,

Mark