Mauve Regressions Status

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:25:55 +0100
Andrew John Hughes <A.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just to keep you up-to-date: I had a look at what I think is the main
> regression (the FileChannel locking tests) and it turns out that this is
> due to the recent generic branch merge in VMProcess, rather than being
> anything to do with locking itself.  The test relies on a spawned VM to
> do the test, and communication with it breaks down (the test stalls)
> with the changes.
> --
> Andrew :)
>
> Department of Computer Science
> University of Sheffield

Yesterday, I managed to successfully install some new Mauve runs on builder,
so there should be a continually updated list of release regressions available
on the cp-testresults list for anyone interested.

The additional tests are mauve-jamvm-release and mauve-jamvm-release vs. mauve-jamvm.
In retrospect, I probably should have omitted the mails from the former, as I doubt
anyone wants to know about regressions in a released version of Classpath, but feel
free to prove me wrong.
--
Andrew :-)

Department of Computer Science
University of Sheffield

http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~andrew

Say No2ID - Renew your UK passport in May 2006
http://www.renewforfreedom.org