bootstrapping problem with StringBuilder

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:47:32 +0200
"Jeroen Frijters" <jeroen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> > Edwin Steiner <edwin.steiner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> > > A solution to this is to use VMSystem.arraycopy instead of
> > > System.arraycopy. (StringBuffer already does that.)
> [...]
> > Yes, I know about this from when I was first bootstrapping
> > the generics branch about 18 months ago.  The fix is on that
> > branch, but obviously hasn't been merged across yet.
> > I'll try to do so before the release.
>
> Oh, I hadn't noticed that. I've just updated the version of
> StringBuilder in the main branch, but running a diff I see that the
> generics version still uses System.arraycopy in one place, so if you can
> merge that that would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeroen

Forgot to say; this will get merged when the rest of HEAD is pushed on to the
generics branch (which will be when the release branch is created).

Cheers,
--
Andrew :-)

Department of Computer Science
University of Sheffield

http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~andrew

Say No2ID - Renew your UK passport in May 2006
http://www.renewforfreedom.org