Jake2 problems

Hi,
I recently tried to run Jake2[0] and realized that it seems to have some odd
problems on our platform. I could only find out that it has something to do with
our ZIP and our socket implementation (or whatever does ftp downloads).

The following things happens: Jake2 contains an integrated download mechanism
for the quake2 demo files. It does this by contacting one of many ftp mirrors.
However if you start that on a Classpath based VM a progressbar should that the
download is immediately completed. I assume something reports a wrong size here.
 Maybe that is all what it takes to fix that.

To overcome this problem I used a proprietary (*eek* ;) ) VM to download the
files. Then I started the app again with JamVM+Classpath and was suprised by a
dialog that tells me that something is wrong with the data files. As Quake2 PAKs
are (or should be) ordinary ZIP files I assume that our ZIP implementation does
not properly enumerates the contents of the data files.

As I do not have the time nor the knowledge to work on these issues it would be
nice if someone who knows this may have a look at them and at least post a PR.

cya
Robert

[0] - http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jake2/Jake2-0.9.4-install.jar?download