RFC: Changing Class.newInstance() to add VM specific feature

Hi Jeroen,

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 13:09 +0200, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> I've added a new access modifier to IKVM. By applying the
> @ikvm.lang.Internal annotation to a type or member, you can mark it as
> internal to the library it resides in. Hopefully Java will provide
> something similar with JSR 277, but I've decided not to wait on that.
>
> To support this access level with reflection, I've modified
> Method/Constructor/Field (of which I include my own versions with IKVM,
> so that was easy), but I also need to modify Class.newInstance().
>
> Would anybody object to adding a hook for this?

This looks OK and not too invasive. But I would like to see as little
extensions added as possible so let me propose a hack that might prevent
having to add the hook. Couldn't you override setAccessible() so that it
throws an exception when you try to set it to true on an "internal"
Constructor? That seems to have the same effect.

Cheers,

Mark