partial stub

Tom Tromey wrote:
> Bryce> Could JAPI scan for FIXME's as well? These could be flagged as
> Bryce> partial/known buggy method implementations.
>
> Nope, japi scans .class files.  Hence the (clever :-) hack of a
> 'throws' clause.
>
> I'm not overly concerned about our ability to find FIXME comments --
> grep or eclipse do this adequately.  Also most of these comments
> indicate something a lot less drastic than an unimplemented method.

True enough. Presumably, the Classpath coding style or Hacker guide will
be updated to mention using the UnimplementedMethodException for stubs.
I think it should also mention that FIXME comments should be used to
flag things that are known to be incomplete or buggy. Often, I see XXX
or other markers used instead. This makes it more difficult to find them
with grep and such.

Bryce