File listing supported properties in GNU classpath

On Mar 13, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:

>>> how about adding a new file which lists all our supported
>>> properties.
>>> Currently this information about our properties (for swing,
>>> graphics2D,
>>> rmi, corba) are spread over all parts of the NEWS file.
>
> Mark> Good idea. There is also a (probably also incomplete) list of
> properties
> Mark> at http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcj/System-properties.html
> Mark> Maybe you could start with that (see gcj.texi in the gcc
> sources)?
>
> Yeah, this is a good idea.  It seems like something worth automating;
> either automating the extraction like javadoc, or at least automated
> checking so that we don't have documentation regressions.

The Jessie library uses a bunch of Security properties to control its
run-time behavior; these are documented in the Jessie manual, but
should be put into Classpath's documentation now.

GNU Crypto also uses a few properties, but in their own file. These
should also be documented, or maybe deprecated in favor of System or
Security properties.