Jazelle

Philippe Laporte writes:
 > Andrew Haley wrote:
 >
 > >Philippe Laporte writes:
 > >
 > > >      I would appreciate if you could share some thoughts and/or
 > > > knowledge about Jazelle and its performance and adoption.
 > >
 > >Well, it's a proprietary bytecode accelerator for a proprietary
 > >embedded Java platform.  I'm not aware there is any free software that
 > >supports it.
 >
 > Hej,
 >       Alright, that I knew :-) thanks.
 >
 > So for a free-VM to support, it would have to be a non-Free release I
 > guess since the ARM license is actually joint with the Sun one...

Well, I don't know anything about that.  If there were publicly
available hardware, then someone could do a port.

Technically speaking it's an interesting idea.  A compromise between
full-on super-optimized JIT compilation and slow interpretation surely
makes sense in many application areas.

Andrew.