Next release

On 2/27/06, Brian Jones <cbj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Suggest making next release 0.90 and incrementing towards 1.0.  The 1.0
> release should be 1.4.0 (or 1.40 if you were going to be consistent, but
> I digress).  Anyway my $0.02.

0.90 has problems if there turn out to be more than 9 more releases
before 1.(4.)0 is reached. Hard to say whether that's likely or not,
but I think it would be better if our decision of when to hit 1.x was
based purely on technical grounds and not affected by limits on the
version-number space.

On the other hand, well spotted (I think?) that 0.9.x might be
considered a lower version that 0.21 by packaging tools. dpkg
--compare-versions appears to think so, if I'm understanding how to
use it right. This may be moot though as the debian classpath package
already has an epoch on it; I don't know how rpm handles this kind of
issue.

Stuart.
--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/