Ldap support in classpath

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:36 +0100, Robert Schuster wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Erwin Rol wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I am trying to get Open Xchange working with gcj, and so far things are
> > going OK. Now i ran into a problem with LDAP. OX uses
> > InitialLdapContext(...) to create a initial context. Later it uses
> > javax.naming.InitialContext.getNameInNamespace(...) and that always seem
> > to throw a javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException. After looking
> > into the classpath source code it seems most methodes in .naming.* just
> > throw a not supported error.
> Ouch. You found what we call a silent stub. A method that will not show up in
> the JAPI scores.

It seems the getNameInNamespace() correctly throws and
OperationNotSupportedException because the javax.nameing.InitialContext
does not know how about things to preform the action. The
LdapInitialContext is the one that knows this, but LdapInitialContext
does not have a getNameInNamespace() method, so the one of the base
class is used.

How could it be made that those methods that LdapInitialContext should
overload show up as "missing" in the JAPI scores ?

- Erwin