java.util.regex, gnu.regexp, ... How about oniguruma?

Hi,

From: Roman Kennke <roman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:15:30 +0100

> Am Dienstag, den 14.02.2006, 15:29 +0100 schrieb Jeroen Frijters:

> > While I'm certainly not against this option, I would like to point out
> > that for some VMs using a native library isn't really a great solution,
> > so I really hope this doesn't mean that you discontinue your excellent
> > (and *much* appreciated) work on gnu.regexp.
>
> My opinion. :-)

Yes, of course.  A pure Java implementaton comes first, and it should be
used by default.  For now, until some nice alternative appears, that is
gnu.regexp. I do not see any nice alternative appearing, so I will
continue to make efforts to improve gnu.regexp.

JNI implementation will be for those who cannot be satisfied
with the dafault.  That is the way I am using java.nio.charset.
I am not satisfied with the default gnu.java.nio.charset
because it cannot handle Japanese charsets, so I use
gnu.java.nio.charset.iconv.