CACAO 0.95 relased

CACAO 0.95 released.

This is mainly a bugfix release.  Here is a short list of the most
important changes:

  * Dead-lock bugfix.  This should fix the random dead-locks seen in
    Eclipse or other applications.
  * Search for suitable jar program during configure, can be specified
    via JAR environment variable
  * --enable-zlib bugfix
  * i386 bugfix: Set FPU to 64-bit on VM startup (fixes Debian bug
    #350729)
  * PowerPC bugfix: (M_COPY): Handle longs and doubles properly.
  * Fixed instructions copying stackslots (like DUP_X1).
  * Fixed classcache-related problem with java.lang.reflect.Proxy.
  * Throw correct exception when trying to load a directory
    as a classfile (from a .zip file).
  * Fixed incorrect method resolution when calling instance methods
    through JNI (fixes CACAO bugs #17 and #18).

This release supports GNU Classpath 0.19+ and was tested on some
platforms against GNU Classpath 0.20.

This release fixes the long outstanding dead-lock bug mostly seen when
running Eclipse with CACAO.  Please test this release with Eclipse and
report all crashes or dead-locks to
http://b2.complang.tuwien.ac.at/bugzilla/.

WARNING: Starting with this release we shut down our CVS repository.
Please switch to our new SVN repository:

  svn://c1.complang.tuwien.ac.at/ahome/cacao/svn/cacao

More information can be found on http://www.cacaojvm.org/svn.html

CACAO uses GNU Classpath as Java core library and supports upstream
releases or CVS snapshots.  The proper ./configure options for GNU
Classpath are:

  --with-classpath-prefix=<dir>
  --with-classpath-libdir=<dir>

Currently supported JIT compiler architectures are:

  * alpha-unknown-freebsd5.4
  * alpha-unknown-linux-gnu
  * arm-unknown-linux-gnu
  * i386-unknown-freebsd5.3
  * i686-pc-linux-gnu
  * mips-sgi-irix6.5
  * mips-unknown-linux-gnu
  * powerpc-apple-darwin7.2.0
  * powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
  * x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Additionally supported Interpreter architectures are:

  * powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu

Information about working applications and some screenshots can be
found on http://www.cacaojvm.org/

Daily test runs with CACAO SVN head, GNU Classpath CVS head and Mauve
CVS head can be found on http://www.cacaojvm.org/tgolem/

A StatCVS report for CACAO's CVS repository (generated on a free Java
stack) can be found on http://www.cacaojvm.org/statcvs/

CACAO 0.95 can be downloaded from
http://www.cacaojvm.org/download/cacao-0.95/

File   : cacao-0.95.tar.gz
md5sum : 941b128c5524d9b6ab74b1a80d18d389
sha1sum: 2600852bd93c589780f1fea8e3204e63263645ee

Enjoy!

The CACAO Team
cacao@xxxxxxxxxxxx